Lord Shiva is one of the most powerful Hindu deity. He is also a part of the trinity Bramha, Vishnu and Mahesh. He is believed to live on this earth at Kailash Parvat. He is also known as Trinetradhari, Mahesh, Shambhu, Bhole Baba and many more. He is the most merciful God who blesses his devotees with all the happiness and protects them from evil forces. River Ganga flows from his head and the moon is also placed on his head. He wears the skin of Tiger and has snakes around his neck, arms and on waist. He is worshipped in the form of Shivling and bhang is one of most loved offerings. Goddess Parvati is his wife, Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikey are sons of Lord Shiva. Here are some of the Lord Shiva mantras to please God and seek his blessings.
1. Panchakshari Shiva Mantra
This Shiva Mantra is called Panchakshari because of its 5 syllable mantra. This mantra has the power to turn the entire face of the universe. This is one of the most powerful mantras and chanted by all the Hindus for strength, mental peace, and increasing inner potential.
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
I bow to Lord Shiva.
- This mantra is chanted for boosting inner strength and potential.
- This mantra is chanted so that lord Shiva will protect us from all the evil forces.
- This mantra fills our life with positivity and happiness.
2. Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is a very powerful Mantra that defeats death and increases the life of the person who chants it or for whom it is chanted. This mantra is dedicated to Lord Shiva because Mrityunjaya is the other name of Lord shiva and it means who wins over death. Lord Shiva is said to be immortal and is known as the end of death. He is the most powerful in this whole universe and regular recitation of the mantra will make him happy and he can give a long life as a blessing. Anyone who chants this mahamrityunjaya mantra can impress Lord Shiva so that he can bless them with long life and a body free from disease.
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात् ॥
Om Tryambakam Yajaamahe Sugandhim Pusstti-Vardhanam
Urvaarukam-Iva Bandhanaan Mrtyor-Mukssiiya Maa-[A]mrtaat
We meditate on Three-eyed reality Which permeates and nourishes all like a fragrance. May we liberated from death for the sake of immortality, even as the cucumber is served from the bondage of the creeper.
- This mantra is said to be beneficial for both mental and physical health.
- It can bestow you with a long life.
- Mahamrityunjaya Mantra should be recited for the eradication of disease and death fear.
3. Rudra Mantra
Rudra is one of the names of Lord Shiva. Rudra is described as one of the angry phases of Lord Shiva. This mantra is chanted for our protection from evil forces and negativity.
ॐ नमो भगवते रूद्राय ।
Om Namo Bhagwate Rudraay
I bow down and seek blessings from Lord Rudra.
- This mantra is chanted for full filling all your wishes.
- This mantra is also chanted for seeking blessings of Lord Shiva so that he’ll protect us from all the evil forces.
Recommended: Puja Room Collections
4.Shiva Gayatri Mantra
Gayatri Mantra is a mantra that gives peace to the mind and sense of calmness. It fulfills all the wishes and inculcates all the good qualities of Lord Shiva. This mantra helps to gain meditation power and patience like Lord Shiva.
ॐ तत्पुरुषाय विद्महे महादेवाय धीमहि तन्नो रुद्रः प्रचोदयात ।
Om Tatpurushaay Vidmahe Mahadevaay Deemahi Tanno Rudra Prachodayat
Let us invoke the three realms of earth (-bhur),wind (-bhuvah) and fire (-swaha). Aum. Let us invoke the superlative (-tad) male (-purusha) and omniscient lord (-vidvamahe). Let us meditate and focus upon (-dheemahi) the supreme (-maha) lord (-devaaya). Let us ask Shiva (-rudra) to provide us inspiration and guidance (-prachodayaat) in our spiritual Everyone knows that Gayatri Mantra is one of the most powerful Hindu mantras, and so is the Shiva Gayatri Mantra.
- This mantra is chanted for acquiring peace of mind.
- This mantra is chanted for removing difficulties and all the obstacles from your life.
- This mantra is also chanted for full filling all your wishes.
5. Shiva Dhyaan Mantra
This mantra is one of the most important mantras that one can chant for removing difficulties and obstacles from their life. Lord Shiva is so merciful that he always protect his devotee from evil forces and fills life with positive energy.
करचरणकृतं वाक् कायजं कर्मजं वा श्रवणनयनजं वा मानसंवापराधं । विहितं विहितं वा सर्व मेतत् क्षमस्व जय जय करुणाब्धे श्री महादेव शम्भो ॥
Karcharankritam Vaa Kaayjam Karmjam Vaa Shravannayanjam Vaa Maansam Vaa Paradham | Vihitam Vihitam Vaa Sarv Metat Kshamasva Jay Jay Karunaabdhe Shree Mahadev Shambho ||
Ode to the Supreme One to cleanse the body, mind, and soul of all the stress, rejection, failure, depression and other negative forces that one faces.
- This is chanted for removing all the negativity and fill our life with positive energy.
- It is also chanted for creating a protective shield around us.
- This is also chanted for removing evil forces.
6. Ekadasa Rudra Mantra
Ekadasa means 11 and there are 11 Mantras to impress Lord Shiva and seek his blessings. These mantras are a tribute to Lord Shiva in eleven different forms, which also corresponds to the 11 months of a year. The mantras will be more fruitful if you chant the mantras according to the month.
These are the 11 forms of Rudra and their mantras:
OM Hum Hum Satrustambhanaya Hum Hum OM Phat
OM Shrim Hrim Shrim Sarva Mangalaya Pingalaya OM Namah
OM Aim Aim Mano Vanchita Siddhaye Aim Aim OM
Om Rudraya Roganashaya Agacha cha Ram Om Namah
Om Shrim Hrim Sam Sam Hrim Shrim Shankarshanaya OM
Om Hrim Hrim Safalyayai Siddhaye Om Namah
Om Shrim Bam Sough Balavardhanaya Baleswaraya Rudraya Phut OM
OM Hram Hrim Hum Samasta Graha Dosha Vinashaya OM
OM Gam Glaum Shroum Glaum Gam OM Namah
OM Chum Chandiswaraya Tejasyaya Chum OM Phut
OM Bhavod Bhava Sambhavaya Ista Darshana Hetave OM Sam OM Namaha
How to Chant Shiva Mantras
- First of all, wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- Now wear some clean cloth and sit in front of the idol of Lord Shiva or his picture.
- Now offer some flower and fruits as offerings.
- Also, light some incense sticks and keep it in front of the idol.
- Now sit in yoga mudra and chant Shiva Mantras 108 times.
- Relax your mind and think about only lord Shiva.
- After chanting mantras, bow down to Lord Shiva and say sorry for all your mistakes.