According to Hindu mythology, the most powerful God is Lord Shiva is known as the destroyer of all the evil. Om Namah Shivaya (ॐ नमः शिवाय) is a very powerful mantra that is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Om Namah Shivay means adoration to Shiva or I bow to Lord Shiva.
Breakdown of Om Namah Shivaya
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya has three words which means
Before the creation of this universe, there was a void of pure existence. This void made a sound which is known as Om. It is the most spiritual sound and according to Hindu mythology, Om is the beginning of the creation of the Universe. Om has all the energy of the universe inside it.
It means to bow auto adore.
Lord Shiva himself.
Namah Shivaya is a five-syllable word which carries the whole universe.
- Na means earth.
- Mah means water.
- Shi means fire.
- Va means air.
- Ya is dedicated to sky.
These five components are known as the basic unit for the formation of the universe
Significance of Om Namah Shivaya Mantra in Our Life
In this world, we often get stressed about some bad situation that occurs in our life or some problem that may occur which seems to have no solution because of these things we lose our calm and patience. Sometimes we fill our life with negativity and eventually we lose our peace of mind. We get irritated easily we don’t know how to solve our problems which makes us behave like a beast and we often shout at people without any reasons. We lose our track and are unable to find a way to get back to our track. Some people go into depression because of their problems and it affects their families also.
All these problems have one solution and that’s none other than chanting Om Namah Shivaya mantra.
- Just by chanting Om Namah Shivaya you will get the peace that you have lost because of your problems.
- This Mantra has the power to bring peace to your life and kick out all the negativity from your life.
- The sound of Om connects you to your inner soul and the Namah Shivay connects directly to Lord Shiva which gives you inner peace and strong mental health.
- You not only feel peaceful but your patience level will increase and you will able to find the solution of difficult problems.
- It has the power to connect you directly to Lord Shiva which eventually connects to the universe.
Recommended: Puja Room Collections
How to chant Om Namah Shivaya?
Namah Shivay which holds the five components from which we have taken birth is very powerful and work magically if chanted in the right way.
- You should chant this mantra after you have taken a bath.
- You have to fold your legs keeping one leg on the other in Yog Mudra.
- Now close your eyes and chant Om Namah Shivay for 108 times.
- You can perform it any time you like but the best time to chant this mantra is morning and evening.
Chant this mantra regularly and you will see the difference in your life. You will be more and have more patience than before. You can think of different ideas which will make your life easier and also have fewer problems because this mantra will open your mind for new things. This mantra has the energy of Lord Shiva which will be transferred to your life.