If you’re a fan of daily soaps or are forced to watch them with your mother, you must be knowing about Mangal Dosha. The very moment in a daily soap when some relative finds out that the soon to be groom or bride has Manglik dosh, the marriage gets canceled ( with dramatic music playing in the background). Mangal Dosha is probably the most infamous Dosha in Vedic astrology. This comes to the forefront the native considers to get married. This Dosha is caused by the fiery nature of the Planet Mars – when it is present in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house in the native’s horoscope.
Mars can become more malefic when placed with other inauspicious planets in these houses. A native who has this Mangal Dosha is termed a ‘Manglik’. It’s when two individuals decide to get married, their Kundalis are matched. But if during the matching, if it turns out that one amongst them is a Manglik or having Mangal Dosha in their horoscope then the Marriage most of the time is canceled. Mangal Dosha affects the married life, mental state, and also leads to financial loss. Because of the so-called belief prevailing since the Vedic Period, one looks at Mangal Dosha as inauspicious. Though it’s also been said in the Vedas that Mangal Dosha lasts for 28 years for both boys and girls, no one seems to believe it. People don’t consider even marrying a former Manglik person who has passed through his Mangal Dosha Stage.
Effects of Manglik Dosh
1. When Mars is situated in the 1st house:
The 1st house represents the house of spouse. Thus it normally affects the married life leading to unnecessary conflicts and even altercations. Sometimes, it also leads to physical assault and violence. Such a person suffers from distress, anger, violence and at last divorce in the marriage.
2. When Mars is situated in the 2nd house:
A person’s family life is affected. It also creates obstacles in married life and professional life. Such a person losses the chance of having a happy family
3. When Mars is situated in the 4th house:
This will have adverse effects on the professional front. Such a person will switch jobs and also will not be successful professionally. Financial troubles will be at peak
4. When Mars is situated in the 7th house:
Such a person has too much energy and will be ill-tempered resulting in not being able to maintain cordial relationships with family members. Also, this person will be very dominating and dictating over his or her partner and s/he might also have many partners.
5. When Mars is in the 8th house:
Such a person will be lazy and will not be able to maintain a rapport with his or her elders and thus will lose the paternal property.
6. When Mars is situated in the 12th house:
Manglik individuals will have enemies. S/he will also suffer from mental problems and financial losses. Their temper and way of behavior would make them prone to making new and more and more enemies.
Some of the Characteristics Of Mangal Dosha Individuals
Characteristics of this dosha
- People of both sexes can be Manglik.
- The planet of Mars represents respect, energy, ego, and self-esteem. Therefore one with the Mangal Dosha has a bad temper. This is why managing and adjusting with them is a difficult task in a marriage.
- The energy of Manglik individuals can be compared to that of fire. Therefore this energy needs to be used in the right direction and in doing something constructive, or otherwise, they might become ruthless.
- Mangal Dosha affects the married life, family life, mental state, and also leads to financial loss.
- If a Manglik person is born on Tuesday the effects are nullified.
- Also, the marriage between two Manglik dosh individuals cancels the negative effects.
Remedies for Manglik Dosh Individuals
- One must observe fasting on the first Tuesday of every new month during the waxing phase(Shukla Paksha). During the fast, one can eat only toor dal otherwise known as split pigeon dal. On Tuesdays, chant Mangal Mantra.
- Every day one must chant the Gayatri mantra for 108 times.
- One must Chant Hanuman Chalisa at least once a day.
- Everyday one must chant “Om Shreem Hanumante Namah” for 108 times sitting in front of Hanuman statue or picture or a Hanuman temple.
- One should visit the Hanuman temple on Tuesdays and offer sweets and vermilion. The lighting lamp of ghee is also considered very useful.
- Try to find some workers working with sharp iron materials or iron items and donate red clothes to them.
- A Mangal born boy must be married to Mangal born girl only.
- In tradition, there is a procedure called Kumbh Vivah performed by Mangal women to overcome the ill-effects of Mangal dosh.
- On Tuesdays, donate sharp objects like knives, food made of red gram dal, wheat bread, red color clothes, and red stones.
If you believe in Manglik Dosh, then you can try these remedies to get rid of it and enjoy a peaceful and happy married life.