Vedic Mantras, or sacred sounds, are used to pierce through sensual, mental, and intellectual levels of existence (all lower strata of consciousness) for the purpose of purification and spiritual enlightenment. The earliest mantras were composed in Vedic Sanskrit in India, and are at least 3000 years old. Mantras now exist in various schools of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism.
The essence of the mantra is called its ‘Root word’ or “Beej” and the power generated by it is called “Mantra Shakti”. Each root word is related to a particular planet or planet lord. The chanting of mantra is called “Mantra Yoga” or “Mantra Japa”. Mantras have the ability to focus the Universal Energy into the Individual’s Spiritual Energy. When chanted regularly, they create a positive aura and vibe around you with the help of sound waves. Mantra chanting synchronizes sound energy, breath, and senses. One of the most powerful and widely used mantras in Hinduism is the sacred syllable OM. The principal mantra in Buddhism is “OM Maṇi Padme Hūṃ“. Mantras continue to be an important feature of Hindu religious rites and domestic ceremonies. They tend to calm you. Ever felt a sudden calmness and peace within and around you after your meditation class in school, that’s the power which Mantra’s hold.
Using Mantra As A Remedy
It can be termed as ‘THE ONE’ solution to all the problems prevailing in your life. One has different sets of problems in their life. It can be related to financial conditions or emotional issues or even the absence of peace from your life. There are various different types of Vedic Mantras mentioned in the Vedas which will guide you through this situation.
Mantras have the power that is associated with a specific planet or deity. And chanting or reciting these Vedic Mantras can be considered as seeking divine aid to solve your problems. Seeking shelter under the divine power is not a sign of cowardice but bravery, it means you’re strong enough to face your own problems. Mantras deal with alerting the subconscious mind and helps you to realize its power as well as utilize it. These Mantras are constructive in nature and help you in concentrating on yourself. They act as a guide and guide you through your life. According to Vedas, one can attain God, health, wealth, and luck through chanting the right mantras correctly. Mantra remedies have become a widely used supplement to alternative medical treatment. Everything that exists in this universe has energy
Benefits Of Mantras
The Benefits of Chanting even a single Mantra has more benefits than you can ever imagine.
- Your Birth chart (Kundli) shows planets that are weak/debilitated/badly placed in it. It adversely affects your personal life, professional life, your emotions as well as financial conditions. To deal with these recurring problems in life, one takes totally relies upon Mantras.
- There are different sets of Mantras in the Vedas when screened properly one might realize there are different Mantras for different difficulties which one is facing. For instance, if you’re facing some financial issues or legal issues regarding money, land, property then you can chant Kuber Mantra regularly for getting rid of your problems. It leads to prosperity when chanted regularly and properly.
- Similarly, Rashi Mantra can give you relief from the problems occurring because of the place of Moon in your Rashi (Horoscope).
- Also if you want to achieve peace, you can go for chanting the Krishna Mantra. They can be used to enhance the strength of the beneficial planet and to reduce the harmful effects of the detrimental planets.
- The best thing about mantras is that they give only positive effects. Mantras help you to achieve what you want, but one must not keep selfish motives in mind while chanting them. One must chant them for their own benefit and not for other harm.
How to Chant/Recite Mantra
There is a specific timing for the Chanting of each and every Mantra. The success of the mantra depends upon the type and purpose of the mantra and the number of times it is recited.
- When mantras are used for the purpose of appeasing a particular planet or graha, it has to be chanted a specific number of times depending upon the planet and its lord. The purpose here is to produce the required vibratory effects for the activation of the related powers.
- It’s important to remember that one should chant the mantra with full faith and devotion as it is directly associated with the deities one follows.
- To reap the most benefits, shorter mantras should be chanted 108 times (mala beads can help with that) and longer mantras can be repeated up to three times.
- One must face towards the East while chanting mantras in the morning.
- If you are chanting at night, face towards the North direction. According to Shastras, prayers to a deity should be accompanied by chanting of mantras.