Lord Krishna, one of the most popular and most worshipped Hindu God and also the eighth incarnations of Lord Vishnu, is mainly known for his witty behavior. Born to Devaki and Vasudeva in prison, Krishna was raised by Yashodha and Nand in Vrindavan. Originally born to Yadu Clan, Krishna by birth was a Kshatriya. However, given to the circumstances under which he was born, due to Kamsa’s tyrannical rule, Vasudeva had given the responsibility of raising Krishna to Nandagopal. The Yadu Clan, however, was cursed, which is why they could only become a Kingmaker and not a king themselves.
This is the reason why Krishna acted as guides to the Pandavas during the Mahabharata and did not fight like a king. Being a Vishnu himself, Krishna’s Role was to protect humans and to restore order and peace in the world. Whether it was during his childhood when the evil Kansa tried to kill him by sending Rakshasas or during the great Mahabharata where Krishna entered the battlefield to restore the peace within the corrupt kingdom.
Krishna is mostly represented as Blue Coloured. The deity who had the qualities of bravery, manliness, determination, the ability to deal with difficult situations is represented as blue colored as he spent his life protecting humanity. However, there are many stories regarding the blue color of Lord Krishna, some say that he was poisoned in childhood. While some say that the blue color refers to him having four symbols of the Jambu Fruit on his right foot.
The sole objective of Krishna’s birth was to free the Earth from the evilness of demons. He played an important role in the propagation of the Bhakti Theory and good karma which are deeply narrated in the Bhagavad Gita.
Representations in temples mostly show him standing in a slightly bent posture with a flute in his hand and surrounded by Radha and Gopis. Seldomly he is shown with his brother Balarama and sister Subhadra. But most often he is seen standing with a flute in his hand, alongside Radha. Radha was not his wife but is known as the love of Krishna’s life.
Krishna didn’t marry Radha because of Lord Vishnu’s curse of getting separated from his love every time, which he got from Sage Bhrigu for killing his wife. His wife was hiding Asurs but the Sage was unaware of it. So Sage Bhrigu cursed Lord Vishnu to be separated from his love in every birth and have to feel the pain of separation. However, Radha took a promise from Krishna, that her name has to be taken along with his name. Krishna fulfilling the promise assured her that not only her name will be taken along with his name, but also it would be taken before his name , every single time. Which is why we see many temples, portraits, books, series and individuals spell ‘RadheKrishna’ and not the Vice Versa.
The Krishna Mantra praises two incarnations of Lord Vishnu, Lord Krishna and Lord Ram, respectively.
The Benefits of Krishna Mantra
- The Krishna Mantra removes all the confusion and fear in one’s life. Also further on it enhances confidence and courage.
- The Krishna Mantra also helps to bring out peace and tranquility in the personal life and the overall household when chanted properly as well as consistently.
- It helps cure all kinds of diseases and promotes the overall well being of an individual.
- The Krishna Mantra is also known for bringing out a positive outlook in one’s state of mind by eliminating the negative vibrations from their mind.
- It also enhances the knowledge and skills of students, working professionals and business people giving way to professional growth and success.
- Recitation of Krishna Mantra in this Kalyug is considered to be a great purifying act towards attaining peace, while the world around you is burdened by sins.
- They provide you spiritual solace. It is also said that these Mantras recited with pure devotion might lead one towards experiencing spiritual connection with Krishna or God.
The Krishna Mantra awakens the soul to its spiritual reality. The ideal time to chant this Mantra is between 4 am to 6 am , after taking an early morning bath. Sit in front of Lord Krishna’s picture or idol and chant the Mantra in multiples of 108 with the help of a Tulsi Mala, for better results. Make sure the movement of the Rosary is in clockwise direction and you would attain spiritual peace after continuing it regularly.
The one who is known for solving each and every problems and also known for answering to Arjuna’s questions in the midst of Kurukshetra , would answer your prayers and would reply to your questions also.
Recommended Read: Story Behind 16108 Wives of Lord Krishna