Selecting a meaningful and auspicious name for your baby boy is an important decision for parents. In Vedic Hindu culture, names hold great significance as they are believed to shape a child’s identity and influence their destiny. If you are looking for baby boy names starting with the letter P, this comprehensive guide will provide you with a list of 50 unique and beautiful Vedic Hindu names, along with their meanings and origins.
- Pranav: Symbolizing Lord Vishnu, Pranav means “sacred syllable Om” and signifies the essence of the universe.
- Prateek: Derived from the Sanskrit word “pratiksha,” Prateek means “symbol” or “sign.”
- Pranay: Meaning “affection” or “love,” Pranay symbolizes the bond between individuals.
- Parth: Derived from the Mahabharata, Parth is an epithet of Arjuna and means “warrior” or “charioteer.”
- Pratham: This name signifies “the first” or “primary” and reflects the beginning of a new phase in life.
- Pradeep: With roots in the Sanskrit language, Pradeep translates to “light” or “lamp,” symbolizing enlightenment and knowledge.
- Pranesh: Combining “prana” (life force) and “esh” (lord), Pranesh refers to the divine lord who bestows life energy.
- Prashant: Meaning “calm” or “peaceful,” Prashant represents tranquility and inner harmony.
- Pratap: Derived from the Sanskrit word “pratapa,” Pratap signifies “majesty,” “glory,” or “dignity.”
- Pushkar: This name is associated with the holy town of Pushkar in Rajasthan and means “blue lotus” or “one who gives happiness.”
- Pratyush: Derived from the Sanskrit language, Pratyush refers to the “first ray of the sun” and signifies a new beginning.
- Parthiv: Denoting “son of the earth,” Parthiv represents the qualities of groundedness, stability, and humility.
- Praveen: Derived from the Sanskrit word “praveena,” Praveen means “skillful” or “competent.”
- Prabhakar: Combining “prabha” (light) and “kar” (maker), Prabhakar translates to “sun” or “creator of light.”
Begin your child’s life with these auspicious names!
- Pranshu: Symbolizing the “divine soul” or “sacred spirit,” Pranshu signifies the eternal essence of life.
- Pradosh: This name is associated with a sacred period of time known as “Pradosha Kaal” and refers to a specific evening ritual.
- Pratik: Meaning “symbol” or “sign,” Pratik signifies an emblematic representation of something.
- Purushottam: Derived from the Sanskrit words “purusha” (person) and “uttama” (supreme), Purushottam represents the “Supreme Being” or “God.”
- Pavan: Denoting “wind” or “air,” Pavan symbolizes purity, vitality, and life-giving force.
- Pramod: Meaning “joy” or “happiness,” Pramod represents the delight and contentment experienced in life.
- Piyush: Derived from the Sanskrit word “amrit” (nectar), Piyush means “ambrosia” or “elixir of life.”
- Prabodh: Signifying “knowledge” or “awareness,” Prabodh reflects the awakening of wisdom and spiritual enlightenment.
- Pitambar: Combining “pita” (yellow) and “ambar” (garment), Pitambar refers to Lord Vishnu, who wears a yellow robe.
- Prabhat: Denoting “dawn” or “morning,” Prabhat signifies the beginning of a new day and fresh opportunities.
- Param: Meaning “supreme” or “ultimate,” Param represents the highest state of being or divine transcendence.
Unique Vedic Hindu Baby Boy Names Starting with Letter P
- Purnendu: This name combines “purna” (full) and “indu” (moon) and signifies the full moon, symbolizing completeness and perfection.
- Prashad: Derived from the Hindi word “prasad,” Prashad refers to the blessed offering received from a deity during religious ceremonies.
- Prashit: Meaning “sent” or “messenger,” Prashit represents an individual who is divinely chosen or commissioned for a specific purpose.
- Preetam: Denoting “beloved” or “darling,” Preetam signifies someone who is deeply loved and cherished.
- Pranjal: This name means “honest,” “sincere,” or “wholehearted” and reflects an individual’s genuine and open nature.
- Pranit: Derived from the Sanskrit word “pranita,” Pranit signifies “leader” or “guide,” representing someone who sets an example for others.
- Parinay: Meaning “wedding” or “union,” Parinay symbolizes the sacred bond of matrimony and partnership.
- Prabal: Denoting “strong” or “powerful,” Prabal represents physical and mental strength.
- Prasoon: Derived from the Sanskrit word “prasun,” Prasoon means “blossom” or “flower,” symbolizing beauty and grace.
- Pranjal: Meaning “simple” or “unadorned,” Pranjal reflects a person’s down-to-earth nature and lack of pretense.
- Parikshit: Derived from the Mahabharata, Parikshit means “examiner” or “one who asks detailed questions.”
- Prasham: Denoting “peace” or “tranquility,” Prasham signifies a state of calmness and serenity.
- Prateeksha: This name represents “hope” or “expectation” and signifies the belief in a positive outcome.
- Prayag: Derived from the Sanskrit word “prayaga,” Prayag is associated with the confluence of sacred rivers, especially the Ganges, Yamuna, and Saraswati.
Special Vedic Hindu Baby Boy Names Starting with Letter P!
- Prabir: Combining “prab” (light) and “veer” (brave), Prabir translates to “brave warrior” or “courageous hero.”
- Paramesh: Meaning “supreme ruler” or “ultimate lord,” Paramesh symbolizes divine authority and sovereignty.
- Prasad: Derived from the Sanskrit word “prasad,” Prasad represents divine blessings or grace received from a deity.
- Praval: Denoting “coral” or “precious gem,” Praval signifies strength, beauty, and rarity.
- Prashant: This name means “tranquil” or “serene” and reflects a calm and composed personality.
- Pran: Derived from the Sanskrit word “prana,” Pran signifies “life force” or “breath.”
- Pranjal: Meaning “dedicated” or “devoted,” Pranjal represents an individual’s commitment and loyalty.
- Punarvasu: This name refers to a constellation in Hindu astrology and signifies renewal, rebirth, and rejuvenation.
- Prakhar: Denoting “shining” or “luminous,” Prakhar represents radiance and brilliance.
- Pranav: Meaning “sacred syllable Om” or “primordial sound,” Pranav symbolizes the cosmic energy and divine presence.
- Pushpak: Derived from the Sanskrit word “pushpaka,” Pushpak refers to a celestial vehicle or flying chariot.
Choosing a Vedic Hindu baby boy name starting with the letter P can be an exciting and meaningful process. Each name in this list holds its unique significance, reflecting qualities such as strength, wisdom, love, and divinity. Take your time to explore the meanings and origins of these names, and select the one that resonates with your family’s beliefs and aspirations.
If you liked this post, check out some of our related posts too!