When it comes to designing and building a bungalow, the principles of Vastu Shastra can be incredibly helpful. Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science that focuses on creating a harmonious living space by balancing the natural elements and energies that surround us. In this post, we will explore the different aspects of Vastu for bungalows and how they can help you create a peaceful and prosperous home.
Location and Orientation
The first step in designing a Vastu-compliant bungalow is to select a suitable location and orientation. According to Vastu Shastra, the plot should be square or rectangular, with the four corners aligned with the four cardinal directions – north, south, east, and west. Ideally, the main entrance of the bungalow should face east. This is the most auspicious direction.
However, if your plot does not allow for an east-facing entrance, you can also consider a north or northeast-facing entrance. You should avoid having the main entrance facing south or southwest. These directions bring negative energy into the house.
The internal layout of the bungalow is equally important when it comes to Vastu for bungalows. Here are some key guidelines to keep in mind:
- Living Room: The living room should ideally be located in the east or northeast portion of the house. The room should be spacious, well-ventilated, and brightly lit. You should avoid having a beam or pillar directly above the seating area. This creates a sense of heaviness and discomfort.
- Bedrooms: The master bedroom should ideally be located in the southwest portion of the house, while the children’s bedroom can be in the west or southeast direction. You should avoid having a bedroom in the northeast portion.
- Kitchen: The kitchen should ideally be located in the southeast portion of the house. The cooking platform should be placed in such a way that the person cooking faces east while cooking. You should avoid placing the kitchen in the north or northwest direction, as it is believed to bring financial losses and health problems.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms should ideally be located in the north-west or southeast portion of the house. Avoid having a bathroom in the northeast portion, as this is believed to bring health problems and financial instability.
- Puja Room: The puja room should ideally be located in the northeast portion of the house. It should be kept clean and well-ventilated, and should not share a wall with the bathroom.
- Staircase: The staircase should ideally be located in the south, southwest, or west portion of the house. Avoid having the staircase in the northeast portion, as this is believed to bring financial instability.
Colors and Decor
The colors and decor of the bungalow also play an important role in Vastu for bungalows. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Colors: Choose colors that are soothing, such as light shades of blue, green, or pink. Avoid using dark colors like black, brown, or grey, as they are believed to bring negativity into the house.
- Decor: Use natural materials like wood, stone, and marble for flooring and furniture. Avoid using synthetic materials like plastic and PVC. Hang paintings or pictures of nature or religious symbols on the walls.
- Lighting: Ensure that all rooms are well-lit and well-ventilated. Natural lighting is ideal, but if that is not possible, use soft yellow lights to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Main Entrance: The main entrance should be well-lit and should have a threshold. Avoid having any obstruction in front of the main entrance, such as a tree or a pole.
The outside of your Bungalow
- Garden: Vastu Shastra considers a garden in the east or north direction of the house to be auspicious. You should avoid having a garden in the south or southwest direction, bringing negative energy according to Vastu Shastra.
- Water Features: Vastu Shastra believers hold that a water feature like a fountain or a pond in the north or east direction of the house brings prosperity and success. You should avoid having a water feature in the south or southwest direction. it is said to bring financial losses.
- Garage: The garage should ideally be located in the northwest portion of the house. You should avoid having the garage in the south or south-west direction as it is believed to bring financial losses.
- Plants: Use plants to bring a touch of nature into the house. Plants like money plants, bamboo, and holy basil are considered to be auspicious according to Vastu Shastra. However, avoid placing cacti or thorny plants inside the house, They bring negative energy in your home.
The exterior design of the bungalow is also important when it comes to Vastu for bungalows. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
In conclusion, Vastu for bungalows can be a useful tool to create a harmonious and peaceful living space. By following the principles of Vastu Shastra, you can create a home that is not only aesthetically pleasing but also promotes positivity, prosperity, and good health. However, it is important to remember that Vastu Shastra is just one of the many factors that go into designing a home.
When designing your dream bungalow, you should take your personal preferences and needs into account ultimately.If you liked this post, be sure to check out some of our related posts too!