The sun is situated at the heart of our solar system and is believed to carry a lot of energy inside it. The solar plexus which is the central point of our body is said to be connected with the sun. Therefore for enhancing our solar plexus, we practice yoga which is named as Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation. As the Surya Namaskar enhances our solar plexus thus it increases our intuitive and creative ability. It also helps us to become healthy and fit. Surya Namaskar is very prominent in the field of yoga and some great yogi has also termed it as a “King of Yoga”. Surya Namaskar with mantra has twelve asanas and is has a systematic technique to practice it. There are also twelve Surya Mantra with each step of Surya Namaskar. All the asanas should be done first on the right leg and then on the left leg. It should be practiced daily for desired changes in both body and life. Here are the 12 Surya Mantras and its significance with Surya Namaskar
The Surya Mantra For Every Step Of Surya Namaskar
- Om Hram Mitraya Namah
- Om Hrim Ravaye Namah
- Om Hrum Suryaya Namah
- Om Hraim Bhanave Namah
- Om Hraum Khagaya Namah
- Om Hraha Pushne Namah
- Om Hram Hiranyagarbhaya Namah
- Om Hrim Marichaye Namah
- Om Hrum Adityaya Namah
- Om Hraim Savitre Namah
- Om Hraum Arkaya Namah
- Om Hraha Bhaskaraya Namah
Step 1: Pranamasana ( Prayer Pose)
ॐ ह्रां मित्राय नमः ।
Om Hram Mitraya Namah
One who is friendly to all.
- Pranamasana helps to maintain the balance of our body.
- It relaxes our nervous system.
Step 2: Hastauttanasana (Raised Arms Pose)
ॐ ह्रीं रवये नमः ।
Om Hrim Ravaye Namah
The shining or the radiant one.
Hastauttanasana stretches and tones the muscles of the abdomen.
It also expands the chest, resulting in a full intake of oxygen, thereby fully utilizing the lung capacity.
Step 3: Hastapadasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose)
ॐ ह्रूं सूर्याय नमः ।
Om Hrum Suryaya Namah
The dispeller of darkness, responsible for generating activity.
- Hastapadasana makes the waist and spine flexible.
- It stretches the hamstrings.
- It also opens the hips, shoulders, and arms.
Recommended: Puja Room Collections
Step 4: Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose)
ॐ ह्रैं भानवे नमः ।
Om Hraim Bhanave Namah
One who illuminates or the bright one.
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana strengthens our leg muscles.
- It makes our spine and neck flexible.
- It is good for indigestion, constipation, and sciatica.
Step 5: Dandasana (Stick Pose)
ॐ ह्रौं खगाय नमः ।
Om Hraum Khagaya Namah
One who is all-pervading, one who moves through the sky.
- Dandasana strengthens the arms and back of the body.
- It improves body posture.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, and spine.
- It also helps to calm our mind.
Step 6: Ashtanga Namaskara (Salute with Eight Parts Pose)
ॐ ह्रः पूष्णे नमः ।
Om Hraha Pushne Namah
Giver of nourishment and fulfillment.
- Ashtanga Namaskara enhances the flexibility of the back and spine.
- It strengthens the back muscles of the body.
- It reduces tensions and anxieties caused due to various problems.
Step 7: Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
ॐ ह्रां हिरण्यगर्भाय नमः ।
Om Hram Hiranyagarbhaya Namah
One who has a golden colored brilliance.
- Bhujangasana stretches the shoulders, chest, and back.
- Increases the flexibility of the body.
- Elevates our mood.
- Invigorates the heart.
Recommended Read: This Mantra can bring health, wealth and happiness. Read now
Step 8: Parvatasana (Mountain Pose)
ॐ ह्रीं मरीचये नमः ।
Om Hrim Marichaye Namah
Giver of light with infinite rays.
- Parvatasana strengthens the muscles of the arms and legs.
- It increases blood flow or blood circulation to the spinal region.
Step 9: Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose)
ॐ ह्रूं आदित्याय नमः ।
Om Hrum Adityaya Namah
The son of Aditi, the cosmic divine mother.
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana tones the abdominal organs.
- It adds flexibility to leg muscles.
Step 10: Hastapadasana (Standing Forward Bend)
ॐ ह्रैं सवित्रे नमः ।
Om Hraim Savitre Namah
One who is responsible for life.
- Hastapadasana stretches the hamstrings.
- It opens our hips, shoulders, and arms.
Recommended Read: Want fortune and wealth in your favor? This Mantra can help
Step 11: Hastauttanasana (Raised Arms Pose)
ॐ ह्रौं अर्काय नमः ।
Om Hraum Arkaya Namah
One who is worthy of praise and glory.
- Hastauttanasana stretches and tones the muscles of the abdomen.
- It expands the chest resulting in the full intake of oxygen.
Step 12: Tadasana (Standing or Palm Tree Pose)
ॐ ह्रः भास्कराय नमः ।
Om Hraha Bhaskaraya Namah
Giver of wisdom and cosmic illumination.
- Tadasana improves body posture.
- It strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles.
- It helps to relieve sciatica.
How to chant the Surya Namaskar with Mantra
You can chant the Surya Mantra verbally or mentally. It is totally up to you.
- The breath should be normal and you should not breathe heavily
- Chant the Surya mantra with concentration.
- The Sun Salutation should be practiced daily for better development of the body.
- You should not intake water during the practice of yoga.