Lord Ganesha is the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Ridhi and Siddhi are Lords Ganesha’s wife who brings success and happiness with Lord Ganesha. He is not only the god of intelligence and knowledge but he is the god of new beginning, success, wisdom, and remover of obstacles. The one who chants Lord Ganesha mantras regularly gets blessed with power, wisdom, and success in no time. He has the head of an elephant and there is a story behind it.
Once Goddess Parvati was preparing for a bath so she told Nandi, her husband’s Lord Shiva’s bull, to guard the door and keep them away from getting inside and after that, she went for bathing. Nandi stood at the door and doing what Goddess Parvati had instructed him but when Lord Shiva came and wanted to get inside then Nandi showing this loyalty towards his Lord and let him go inside. This made Mata Parvati very angry and thought that there is no one loyal towards her so she created a boy from the turmeric paste that was applied on a body and then infused life it. He was none other than Lord Ganesha and her loyal son. She told Ganesha to guard the door while she takes a bath. Ganesha followed his mother’s instruction and started guarding the door and then Lord Shiva came and saw a boy standing at the door. He asked the boy to let him go inside but he didn’t let him go inside. Lord Shiva was not aware of Ganesha is his son only and in anger, he uprooted Ganesha’s head from the body. When Parvati came to know about this incidence, she came quickly and was so enraged that she decided to destroy the whole universe. But lord Bramha told that it is not a good idea to destroy the whole universe rather they can fix another person’s head on Ganesha’s body. Goddess Parvati agreed and then Lord Shiva ordered his messenger to bring the head of a boy whose mother is sleeping keeping her back towards the child. Messengers tried a lot but couldn’t find any boy and while returning to Kailash they saw an elephant’s mother sleeping with her back towards her kid. They took the head of the elephant’s kid and went to the Kailash. Lord Shiva fixed the elephant’s head to Ganesha’s body. Ganesha came back to life and this way he got the head of an elephant.
After getting the elephant’s head he became humble and calm. He is also worshipped before anything starts like marriage, job, etc. He is full of wisdom and has a lot of names that show the qualities of Lord Ganesha. A lot of people worship him for knowledge, intelligence, courage, etc.
Here are Lord Ganesha mantras that will help you in getting lord Ganesha’s blessings.
1.Vakratunda Ganesha Mantra
वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि समप्रभ ।
निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा ॥
Vakratunda Maha-Kaaya Surya-Kotti Samaprabha
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryeshu Sarvadaa ||
One of the most popular among the Ganesha Mantras. It means, Oh god with a curved trunk, the large body whose aura is like a light of many suns, Please make my entire work obstacle-free, forever.
- This mantra removes all the obstacles from our life.
- This mantra brings happiness of success in the house.
- This mantra is used before starting any work, marriages or anything good so that Lord Ganesha will remove all the obstacles coming in the way.
2. Ganesh Gayatri Mantra
ॐ एकदन्ताय विद्धमहे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दन्ति प्रचोदयात्॥
Aum Ekadantaya Viddhamahe, Vakratundaya Dhimahi,
Tanno Danti Prachodayat॥
We pray to the one with the single-tusked elephant tooth who is omnipresent. We meditate upon him and pray for the greater intellect of the Lord with the curved, elephant-shaped trunk. We bow before the one with the single-tusked elephant tooth to illuminate our minds with wisdom.
- This mantra fills our mind with wisdom and intelligence.
- It eradicates our dual nature.
3. Ganpati Mantra
ॐ गम गणपतये नमः
Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha
It means I bow down to the Lord Ganesha to take his blessings.
- It removes all the negativity that prevails inside our mind and body.
- It is chanted before starting any work to remove obstacles.
- It gives the power of knowledge and intelligence.
4. Namavali Ganesh Mantras
There is a number of mantras that are based on the names of Lord Ganesha. Every name depicts the quality of lord Ganesha and by chanting this mantra we are bestowed with the qualities of Lord Ganesha.
Some of the Mahabali Ganesh Mantras are stated below.
ॐ गणाध्यक्षाय नमः।
Om Ganadhyakhsaya Namah
Gana means ‘a group’ and ‘Adhyaksh’ means ‘one who is the leader of the group’.
- This mantra inculcates the essential qualities of leadership.
- This mantra gives us the courage to become a leader and work for the goodwill of the group.
ॐ गजाननाय नमः।
Om Gajananaya Namah
Gajanan here means One who has the head of an elephant. This mantra teaches a great lesson. It says if being a God, Ganesha is still humble and is fulfilling all his duties without any ego, then why we humans have so much ego.
- This mantra makes us humble.
- It removes the worthless ego from us.
ॐ विघ्ननाशाय नमःl
Om Vighnanashaya Namah
Vighna means obstacles and nash means to destroy. Lord Ganesha is known for destroying all the obstacles of his devotees and makes their life obstacle-free.
- By chanting this mantra, one can urge Lord Ganesha for removing all the obstacles.
- This mantra can make your work and studies easier.
ॐ लम्बोदराय नमः।
Om Lambodaraya Namah
Lambodar means one who has a big belly. Lord Ganesha is known for his love for food and big belly.
- It tends to increase the love for food and eventually increases their appetite.
- This mantra is beneficial for people who don’t love to eat.
ॐ सुमुखाय नमः।
Om Sumukhaya Namah
Sumukh means ‘One with a pleasing face’. Even if Lord Ganesha has an Elephant head but still his humble nature and calmness on his face make his face pleasing.
- By chanting this mantra one will realize that their flaws have nothing to do with their abilities.
- They can still be humble and should have a positive attitude.
- This mantra gives the courage to ignore our flaws and helps us to show our better personality.
ॐ गजकर्णकाय नमः।
Om Gajkarnakaya Namah
Gaj means Elephant and Karnikay mean ears.L ord Ganesha has elephant ears which helps him in hearing all sorts of things from different sources and then he distinguish what is good and what is bad.
- This mantra helps in increasing our hearing ability.
- It inculcates a hearing ability which let us listen to everything and then allow us to choose between good and bad.
5. The Rinn Harta Mantra
ॐ गणेश ऋणं छिन्धि वरेण्यं हुं नमः फट्॥
Om Ganesh Rinnam Chhindhi Varenyam Hoong Namaah Phutt
Oh Lord Ganesha, I’m having a lot of debt on me. Please remove all the debt and make me debt-free.
- This mantra will remove all of your debts.
- It will fill your life with wealth and prosperity.
- It will bring peace to your life.
6. Siddhi Vinayak Mantra
ॐ नमो सिद्धि विनायकाय सर्व कार्य कर्त्रे सर्व विघ्न प्रशमनाय सर्व राज्य वश्यकरणाय सर्वजन सर्वस्त्री पुरुष आकर्षणाय श्रीं ॐ स्वाहा ॥
Om Namo Siddhi Vinayakaya Sarva kaarya kartrey Sarva vighna prashamnay Sarvarjaya Vashyakarnaya Sarvajan Sarvastree Purush Aakarshanaya Shreeng Om Swaha.
It means O Lord of Wisdom and Happiness, only you make every endeavor and everything possible; You are the remover of all obstacles and you have enchanted every being in the Universe, you are the Lord of all women and all men.
- This mantra gives happiness and makes our life free of obstacles.
- The mantra helps us in getting success
- This mantra also gives us the quality of wisdom.
7.The Shaktivinayak Mantra
ॐ ह्रींग ग्रीङ्ग ह्रींग।
Om Hreeng Greeng Hreeng
I bow in front of the Supreme Lord.
- This mantra gives you the power of knowledge and intelligence.
- This mantra gives you the courage and power to fight all obstacles and problems.
- It gives peace to the mind.
8. Ganesh Mool Mantra
ॐ श्रीम ह्रीम कलीम ग्लौम गम गणपतये वारा वरद सर्वजन जन्मय वशमनाये स्वाहा तत्पुरुषाय विद्महे वक्रतुंडाय धीमहि तन्नो दंती प्रचोदयात।
ॐ शांतिः शांतिः शांतिः।।
Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Glaum Gam Ganapataye Vara Varad Sarvajan janmay Vashamanaye Swaha Tatpurushaye Vidmahe Vakratundaye Dhimahi Tanno Danti Prachodyat Om Shantih Shantih Shanthi
Mool mantra means the root mantra or the origin of the universe. This mantra urges Lord Ganesha to spread peace, love, courage, and intelligence to all his devotees and make their life obstacle-free.
- It brings good luck and spreads peace around the people who chant it.
- It gives knowledge and intelligence.
- This mantra makes the life of the person who chants it regularly by removing all the obstacles.
- It brings happiness to everyone’s life.
- It makes you humble and keeps you away from the ego.
How to Chant Ganesha Mantras
- First of all, take a bath and then sit in front of the idol of Lord Ganesha in yoga mudra position.
- Pay offerings to Lord Ganesha in the form of flowers and prasad.
- Now close your eyes and chant the mantras 108 times.
- You should have full concentration while chanting these mantras.
- After chanting the mantra bow down to the Lord and say sorry for the mistakes you have made while chanting these mantras.
Benefits of Chanting Ganesha Mantras
- By chanting this mantra you will get knowledge, wisdom, and intelligence.
- You will achieve success if you chant these Lord Ganesha mantras regularly.
- These mantras will remove all the obstacles from your life.
- This mantra will fill your life with wealth and prosperity.
- It will make you humble and your mind will be free from ego.