In Hindu culture, the first letter of name of a baby holds much significance. The first letters of one’s name reveal much more information than one might actually know. Your name has the power to affect your personality and destiny. The first letters of one’s name reveal much more information than one might actually know. Your name has the power to affect your personality and destiny. Although all the letters are very special, but Hindu baby girl names starting with letter ‘S’ hold some special characteristics.
People whose names start with the letter “S” are considered to be very loyal. They can’t express their love for their partner, parents and friends in words, as they believe more in unspoken words and actions than displaying love through big gestures and expensive gifts.
Below given are 45+ Hindu baby girls name starting with letter ‘S’ with their meanings. Choose the one you like the most.
Hindu baby girl names starting with ‘Sa’
- Saachi: The name Sacchi means beloved, graceful, truthful. It is another name for Agni. She loves to speak the truth and is loved by all.
- Saagnika: The meaning of Saagnika means fiery, passionate, related with fire. They have a certain goal in life. They are quite ambitious.
- Sabita: The meaning of the name Sabita means beautiful Sunshine. Girls with name Sabita are very creative in their own way. An alternate meaning of this name is ‘ornamented’.
- Sachita: Sachita, derived from an Indian word meaning ‘wise’. They tend to be analytical and intellectual. This name is associated with immense happiness and consciousness. They are hard working and very concentrated in life.
- Sadhana: The Sanskrit origin name means ‘accomplishment, performance, worship or adoration’. The name Sadhana means ‘the accomplishment or performance’. It is also the name given to a Rishi in the Rigveda. It also signifies ‘spiritual exertion towards an intended goal’.
- Saesha: Someone with Great Desire And Wish.
- Sahana: It’s another name for the goddess Lakshmi. In Sanskrit it means “powerful, strong, enduring.” From a Kannadan (Indian) word meaning “patience” It names a raaga, a category of music.
- Sakhalini: One that has branches, Supreme among the branches.
- Saksi: The meaning of Saksi is with eyes. Girls with name Saksi show brilliance, enthusiasm, energy and versatility. These individuals are believed to be adventurous and love their freedom. However, girls with this name get bored with routine life and like challenges.
- Savini: Savini is an Indian name for girls meaning One who Prepares Soma; Nectar Giving. It is related to the month of Savaana. Name Saavini reflects strong personality. Someone who possesses magical abilities and great creative skills. Also, she is very easygoing, sociable and lover of art. With a high self-esteem.
Hindu baby girl names starting with ‘Se’
- Seela: Seela is a Hindu Girl name and it is Hindi originated name with multiple meanings. Seela name meaning is Mountain or rock.
- Seema: This is a hindu girl name, which literally means face or a beautiful face by implication. The meaning in Hindi is boundary.
- Seerthi: The name Seerthi means famous. This reflects personality like enthusiastic and happy spirit that makes them great fun to be around. Cheerful and open-minded, they also often have a great sense of humor.
- Semati: The name Semati conjures honesty, openness and forthrightness. Apart from that, these people like to stay around people who admire generosity and grace, furthermore, one should stay away from reluctant and ego-centric people.
- Sendhan: A submission from India says the name Sendhan means “Lord Murugan in Tamil” and is of Hindu origin. Also, means youthful and with divine qualities. The name of Sendhan causes you to feel deeply for people and stirs a desire to ease the suffering in the world.
- Sephali: With drowsy bees, Very fragrant, The coral jasmine tree.
- Sevandhi: It means a beautiful girl. These girls are eventful and full of life. They enjoy life as it comes, and stay concentrated in their goal.
Hindu baby girl name starting with ‘Sh’
- Shachi: The name Shachi comes from the Sanskrit word shach, which means ‘speak’, ‘say’ or ‘tell’. Sachi is another name of wife of Lord Indra and signifies intelligence.
- Shalini: The name Shalini is of Hindi origin meaning “modest”. Apart from that, it also means Intelligent; Sensible; Talented; Charming.
- Shanti: The name Shanti is primarily a female name of Indian origin that means Peace, Calm.
- Sharmila: This name, Sharmila is a Hindu/Sanskrit Indian popular feminine name, which means “comfort”, “joy” and “protection”.
- Shashi: Traditional name for the moon, it literally means “having a hare” in Sanskrit.
- Sheetal: The literal meaning of Sheetal is cool. But they also love fashion and generally respect their parents a lot. But they do not like to sacrifice.
- Shipra: The name Shipra has its roots in Sanskrit. This means “Pure, Name of a River”.
- Shivangi: Name Shivangi generally means Beautiful, is of Indian origin. This name gives person qualities to become a politician, so that they can serve poor people better. Also,person with name Shivangi are with air of self-love. As a result of this, people find them lucky, at least believe so.
- Shivani: The name Shivani is primarily a female name of Indian origin that means Follower Of Shiva. People with name Shivani are impressive, elegant, and noble. Also, they possess qualities common to actors, dancers, and performers. People admire them confident personality. However, there are many others who get jealous of them.
- Shravani: The name Shravani is of Indian Sanskrit origin and means “Born in the month of Shravan, Aspirant, Born on the full moon of the month Shravan”.
Hindu baby girl name starting with ‘Si’
- Siddhi: Name Siddhi generally means Achievement or Ever ready to protect or Goddess, is of Sanskrit, Indian origin.
- Sikha: The meaning of this name is fire; light; content; peaceful. Apart from that, these girls are very cooperative and helpful. They have small group of friends and generally love nature.
- Silpa: It means a woman with good proportions. Also, persons will name Silpa are quite ambitious, self-confident, determined and self-reliant. They are very courageous and have strong will power.
- Silpi: The girl name Shilpi (शिल्पी) comes from Sanskrit language. It means “female artisan or mechanic, sculptor, works on the mechanical arts and artist”.
- Sipha: The lash of a whip, A tuft of hair on the crown of the head
- Sita: Means “furrow” in Sanskrit. Sita is the name of the Hindu goddess of the harvest in the Rigveda. Apart from that, this is also the name of the wife of Rama (and an avatar of Lakshmi) in the Hindu epic the Ramayana.
- Sitara: The name Sitara is primarily a female name of Indian origin that means Starlight. However when people hear the name Sitara, they perceive you as someone who is full of life, uplifting, inspiring, and even charming.
Hindu baby girl name starting with ‘So’
- Sobha: Name Sobha means Glorious, virtuous. Apart from that, person with name Sobha are with loads of positive aspects in their lives.
- Soch: A reliable and honest human being; thought
- Sohalia: Of the moon’s glow; Radiant and Shining like a moon
- Soma: Name Soma means Horn.; Moon.; Moon ray; Moon-rays. Also, person with name Soma are the symbol of ecstasy.
- Sonakshi: Name Sonakshi generally means Golden eyed, is of Indian origin. Girls with this name are full of life. They spread happiness everywhere.
- Sonisay: One who creates a good first impression.
- Sophia: The meaning of name sophia is wisdom, knowledge, teaching, skill related to everyday life, sound judgment, prudence.
Hindu baby girl name starting with ‘Sr’
- Sravanti: She who flows like a river
- Sreedevi: A name of the Goddess Laxmi
- Sreya: The name Sreya has multiple meanings like Goddess Laxmi, Best, Beautiful, Excellent, Prosperity, Best woman of great beauty and excellence.
- Srividya: She is a Goddess of Knowledge an Wealth.
- Sruti: A Musical Tone; Beautiful; Different; Hearing; Veidik Text.
Recommended Read: (50+)Vedic Hindu Baby Boy Name Starting With S