India is rich in culture, religious beliefs, and heritage. The culture is a beautiful blend of tradition, philosophy, and spirituality. The origin of all these traditions goes back to ancient scriptures, including Vedas, Puranas, and the Bhagavad Gita. These Scriptures are the source of innumerable Vedic names with powerful meanings. The act of giving your child a good name continues throughout their upbringing and these names will be just as important. All the letters of your baby’s name will have some kind of meaning. But the first letter of his first name will be the most powerful. Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘A’ are often much preferred in this case.
The first letter, associated with the first number, A is a powerful initial to give your baby. It acts as a strong indicator of the baby’s future leadership ability and will help her with planning and innovation. People with the initial A project self-confidence, ambition, initiative, originality, strength, and willpower. This letter can therefore bring your baby great energy and creativity. As a result, Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘A’ hold great importance.
Below given are name suggestions for Hindu baby boy names starting with A and their meanings. Choose the ones, you like the most.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Aa’
- Aabhass: Awareness; A variant name of Abhas which means realization. This Sanskrit word stands for splendor or light.
- Aadhavan: Aadhavan is a Hindu Boy name, the meaning of the name is “Brilliant like the sun” from Indian origin. It is like the conquerer.
- Aahan: In Sanskrit, it means ‘sunrise or dawn’, ‘first ray of light’. This individual is always on the search for truth. He is one who is of the nature of time itself, Iron, Sword, a symbol of military power, inflexible and unrelenting power.
- Aarav: The name Aarav finds its roots in the Sanskrit word “rav,” meaning calm and peaceful. Paradoxically, Aarav also refers to “sound” or “thundering” in Hindi. Also, this name can be found in the Rig Veda.
- Aayu: It is a Hindi word that means the life span of a person. It is used as a blessing. Moreover, elders often pray for the long life of children using this word.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Ad’
- Adhana: One without Money and worldly desires
- Aditya: Aditya, according to Hindu mythology, refers to the “Sun God.” The name also signifies the sons of Aditi, the Goddess of infinity. According to the Vedas, Adityas were six or seven celestial deities. Varuna was the chief of these deities who later came to be known as Aditya.
- Adbhuta: This Sanskrit origin name has several positive connotations such as ‘extraordinary, remarkable, fabulous, and miraculous’. This is used if you describe someone or something as incredible, you like them very much or are impressed by them, because they are extremely or unusually good.
- Adhiksit: King; Lord; Supreme and Almighty Power; Emperor.
- Adyant: This versatile name has its root in the Sanskrit language. Adyant means ‘beginning of the end’. However, if you are a worshipper of Lord Vishnu, keep your baby’s name as Adyant. Because Adyant is another name of Lord Vishnu.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Ak’
- Akaash: Akash means space or sky or ether in traditional Indian cosmology. Name Akash belongs to Rashi Mesh (Aries) with dominant planet Mars (Mangal) and Nakshatra (stars) Krithika.
- Akalnivas: One Dwelling in the Eternal Realm.
- Akansh: Whole; Entire; one who is complete; one who cannot be harmed.
- Aksha: It means “chariot with many horses.” In Vedantic Hinduism, Aksha signifies the essence of the material world and the first element. Also, the reference of this name is found in the Linga Purana, translating as “firmament.” Aksha is also one of the 1,008 names of Lord Shiva.
- Akshar: The name denotes “eternal” or “leader of Gods.” Akshar also refers to a character or alphabet. According to Hindu mythology, Akshar is another name for Lord Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu and depicts “Om.”
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Ag’
- Agasthya: It was the name of a sage, better known as Agasthya Muni. His writings are found in the Rig Veda and his reference is found in various Puranas, the Ramayana, and Mahabharata. So this can prove to be a great name.
- Agraga: Help your child grow up with leadership qualities by naming him Agraga, which means ‘leader’ in Sanskrit.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Am’
- Amand: Parents who want an active and agile baby can name their child Amand, which means ‘active or bright’. Ancient Sanskrit word Amand literally means not slow.
- Amay: Amay is an Indian name for baby boys. Also, it is one of the names of Lord Ganesha. Moreover, it also means someone who is not cunning and free from error or deficit.
- Ambareesh: With roots in the Sanskrit scriptures, Ambareesh is an ancient word meaning “atmosphere”, “sky,” or “the sun” and finds mention in the Ramayana. The name also refers to Lord Vishnu, Shiva, and Ganesha. Because of this many parents go for this name.
- Ambhoja: With a fascinating ring to it, this name means ‘water born’. You could give your Aquarian babies this name.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘An’
- Anagh: Anagh is the God Vishnu’s 146th name. The Sanskrit word means “faultless or sinless.”
- Angad– In the mythological epic Ramayana, Angad was the son of Bali. It means “ornament.”
- Anshumat– In Sanskrit, Anshumat refers to one who is “brilliant” or “luminous.” According to Hindu mythology, Anshumat symbolizes a mighty fighter.
- Anubhav– Anubhav is a Hindu boy name Sanskrit origin. The name signifies “follower of glory.” It also means “lightning.”
- Anuraj– It is a popular Hindu name for a male. In Sanskrit, it means “devoted,” “enlightening or illuminated,” or even “attracted.” Anuraj refers to a beloved child, and in the Rig Veda, the mention of the name signifies “shine and extraordinary.”
- Anvay: Anvay is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘anvaya’, meaning ‘joined or integrated. Literally, Anvaya means positive and affirmative, or nexus, but in grammar and logic this word refers to ‘concordance’ or ‘agreement’, such as the agreement which exists between two things that are present.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Ap’
- Aparajit: Aparajit is a popular Hindu name, meaning “unsurpassed” or “undefeated.” The Sanskrit name is found in the Rig Veda and means “unconquered.” In the Bhagavad Puran, one of Lord Krishna’s sons is named Aparajit.
- Apurva: Apurva is a strong title, meaning ‘novel or unmatched’. The name Apurba generally means Never seen before, this word is of Indian origin. Name Apurba belongs to Rashi Mesh (Aries) with dominant planet Mars (Mangal) and Nakshatra (stars) Krithika.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Ar’
- Aradhy: Aradhy is a traditional Hindu name, meaning ‘to be worshiped’. Also, the Sanskrit name meaning “first one” or “one worth of worshiping.” Being another name of Lord Krishna himself, this name is a very popular Hindu name for a baby boy starting with ‘A’.
- Aranyak: Aranyaka is a sacred class of ancient Hindu literature. It refers to a “lush forest” or “one who lives in the forest.”
- Aravan: The Vedic name for a boy finds its roots in Sanskrit. The word means “hostile” or “envious,” according to the Rig Veda.
- Archis: Archis is a sizzling hot name for a baby boy. Moreover, the Sanskrit meaning of this name is ‘ray of light’
- Arit: The name Arit, meaning ‘praised’, will add a splash of coolness to your child’s personality. Also, the meaning of Hindu Boy name Arit is One who seeks the right direction, Honoured, Admired, and Beloved
- Arochan: The name, meaning ‘bright, radiant, or shining’ makes us want to head outdoors and soak in the sun. However, the name of Arochan also creates a mature, self-possessed, and responsible nature
- Arun: This name has Sanskrit roots, Arun means “dawn” or “the power of giving life.” The Bhagavad Puran, also mention this name and it signifys “the red color.”
- Arya: The Sanskrit name signifies the “noble one.” It refers to an honorable and great person. Arya Bhatta (476–550) was a famous Indian mathematician.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘At’
- Atharv: It is the name of a Hindu Veda and in Sanskrit, it means “knowledge or wise or learned.” Atharv was also the name of Brahma’s eldest son, according to the Mundaka Upanishad. Basically, it is the name of a Vedic text.
- Atishay: Atishay is an everyday name, meaning wonderful, excellent.
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Av’
- Avadhoot: This means the God Dattatreya. Also, it is the name of Lord Dutta. Moreover, its Sanskrit meaning is Ascetic.
- Avyakta– The male name of Sanskrit origin signifies a person “who sees the world ahead.” Avyakta is also another name for Lord Ganesha and Lord Vishnu, meaning “to unmanifest.”
Hindu baby boy names starting with ‘Ay’
- Ayush– Ayush is a Hindu name of Sanskrit origin. It means “long life” or duration of life. Rig Veda and Atharva Veda also mention the name Ayush.
Recommended Read: Navagraha – Significance of 9 Planetary Gods in Hindu Astrology