Durga is another name of Adi Shakti who has the audacity to destroy all the evil forces to protect her child. She is a powerful deity of Hindu mythology who is worshipped in her different forms, like Uma, Parvati, Kali, etc. Uma and Parvati are the forms of Goddess Durga which represents the calm and motherhood kind of nature but Kali and Chandi reprint the angry and revengeful kind of nature of Goddess Durga. She is the most beautiful Goddess who is also a warrior and she rides on a Lion or Tiger. She has eight or ten hands which hold different weapons. She is the mother of all the three worlds and is worshipped by all the Hindus for protection from the evil forces. Chanting of Durga mantra regularly removes all obstacles from the person’s life.
The 9 different forms of Goddess Durga is worshipped during Durga Puja which celebrates her victory over the devil king Mahishasur and therefore she is also known as Mahishasurmardini. She is the fearless idol and removes obstacles from the lives of her devotees. Here are some powerful mantras to impress Goddess Durga. We have listed down here the Durga mantra with the meaning and surprising benefits.
8 Powerful Maa Durga Mantra
1. Maa Durga Dhyan Mantra
जटा जूट समायुक्तमर्धेंन्दु कृत लक्षणाम
लोचनत्रय संयुक्तां पद्मेन्दुसद्यशाननाम
Om jataa jut samaayuktamardhendu krit lakshnam
Lochanyatra sanyuktam padmendu sadya shan naam
I bow down to the Supreme Power and urges you to help me concentrate on my goals and thus help me to achieve them.
- It helps to concentrate on our goals.
- This mantra should be chanted by the students to achieve better concentration in work and studies.
- This mantra is chanted before all other Durga Mantras to achieve a better concentration.
2. Durga Mantra
सर्वमङ्गलमाङ्गल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थसाधिके
शरण्ये त्र्यम्बके गौरि नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते
Sarva Mangala Mangalye Sive Sarvartha Sadhike
Saranye Trayambike Gauri Narayani Namostute
I bow down to the Goddess Narayani, who makes everything auspicious as she is the most auspicious one and also fulfills all the desires of those who come for the shelter to the Three-eyed Gauri.
- This mantra is recited before every auspicious occasion so that Goddess Durga bestows her auspiciousness to her devotees.
- This mantra protects us from any danger as by reciting this mantra we come into the shelter of Goddess Durga who is the destroyer of all the evil forces.
- This mantra urges Goddess Durga to remove all the obstacles from our path as she is the mother of all the three worlds.
3. Devi Stuti Mantra
या देवी सर्वभुतेषु क्षान्तिरूपेण संस्थिता
या देवी सर्वभुतेषु शक्तिरूपेण संस्थिता
या देवी सर्वभुतेषु मातृरूपेण संस्थिता
या देवी सर्वभुतेषु बुद्धिरूपेण संस्थिता
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः
Ya devi sarva bhuteshu, shanti rupena sangsthita
Ya devi sarva bhuteshu, shakti rupena sangsthita
Ya devi sarva bhuteshu, matri rupena sangsthita
Yaa devi sarva bhuteshu, buddhi rupena sangsthita
Namastasyai, namastasyai, namastasyai, namo namaha
The goddess who is omnipresent as the personification of the universal mother
The goddess who is omnipresent as the embodiment of the power
The goddess who is omnipresent as the symbol of peace
Oh, Goddess (Devi) who resides everywhere in all living beings as intelligence and beauty,
I bow to her, I bow to her, I bow to her again & again.
- By chanting this mantra, one can get knowledge, power, and peace.
- This mantra urges Goddess Durga to protect us as a mother.
4. Maa Durga-Duh-Swapna-Nivaaran Mantra
शान्तिकर्मणि सर्वत्र तथा दु:स्वप्नदर्शने
ग्रहपीडासु चोग्रासु माहात्म्यं श्रृणुयान्मम
Shanti karmani sarvatra tatha duh swapna darshane
Grah pidaasu chograsu maahaatmyam srinu yaanmam
The one who spreads peace everywhere and keeps the nightmare away from us, I bow down to the Goddess Durga who also removes the negative effects of all the Grah.
- This mantra spreads peace near the person who chants it.
- This mantra gives relieves from scary nightmares.
- It removes the negative effects of all the Grah (planets) and thus removes all the negativity from our life.
5. Durga Shatru-Shanti Mantra
रिपव: संक्षयम् यान्ति कल्याणम चोपपद्यते
नन्दते च कुलम पुंसाम माहात्म्यम मम श्रृणुयान्मम
Ripavah sankshayam yaanti kalyaanam chop padyate
Nandate cha kulam punsaam maahaatmyam mam srinu yaanmam
O Dear Goddess Durga, protect me from all the enemies and keep negative people away from me. Fill my life with wealth and prosperity.
- This mantra protects us from our enemies.
- By chanting this mantra, one can get rid of all the negative people and enemies of our life.
This mantra is also chanted for the welfare of one’s life.
6. Maa Durga-Sarv-Baadha-Mukti Mantra
सर्वाबाधाविनिर्मुक्तो धन धान्य सुतान्वित
मनुष्यो मत्प्रसादेन भविष्यती न संशय
Sarvaa baadhaa vinirmukto dhan dhaanya sutaanvitah
Manushyo matprasaaden bhavishyati na sanshayah
Dear Goddess Durga, please remove all the obstacles from our life and fill my life with wealth and prosperity so that there is no tension in the mind of human about the future.
- This mantra has the power to remove all the obstacles from your life.
- It spreads peace everywhere and also gives a peaceful mind to the devotees.
- It secures our future and helps us to achieve success.
7. Durga Ashaant Shishu Shanti Pradaayak Mantra
बालग्रहभिभूतानां बालानां शांतिकारकं
सङ्घातभेदे च नृणाम मैत्रीकरणमुतमम
Baal grah bhibhutaanaam baalaanam shantikaarkam
Sanghatbhede ch nrinaam maetri karan mutmam
Oh my Goddess Durga, please help us to calm our child’s grah (planets), remove all the fear of ghost and supernatural powers from his/her mind. Protect our child from all the negative forces and people and help him/ her making the right decision.
- This mantra is chanted by parents in order to calm their child and remove all the fear of ghosts and supernatural powers from their mind.
- Often kids get panicked because of the nightmares so this mantra is used to calm them and make them feel comfortable.
8.Durga Shakti Mantra
शरणागत दीनार्तपरित्राण परायणे। सर्वस्यातिहरे देवि नारायण नमोस्तुते
सर्वस्वरूपे सर्वेशे सर्वेशक्तिसमन्विते । भयेभ्यस्त्राहि नो देवि दुर्गे देवि नमोऽस्तु ते
रोगनशेषानपहंसि तुष्टा। रुष्टा तु कामान् सकलानभीष्टान्
त्वामाश्रितानां न विपन्नराणां। त्वमाश्रिता हृयश्रयतां प्रयान्ति
सर्वाबाधा प्रशमनं त्रैलोक्यस्याखिलेश्वरि। एवमेव त्वया कार्यमस्मद्दैरिविनाशनम्
सर्वाबाधा विर्निर्मुक्तो धनधान्यसुतान्वित:। मनुष्यो मत्प्रसादेन भविष्यति न संशय
जयन्ती मङ्गला काली भद्रकाली कपालिनी । दुर्गा शिवा क्षमा धात्री स्वाहा स्वधा नमोऽस्तु ते
sharnaagat deenaart paritraan paraayaney, servasyarti harey devi naaraayani namostutey
Sarvasvaroopey sarveshey sarvshakti samanvietey, bhayebhyah traahi no devi durge devi namostutey
Rogaan shoshaan pahansitushtarushtatu kaamaan saklaan bhishtaan, tvaam aashritaanaam na vipannaraanam, tvaamaashritaahya shraytaam prayaanti
Sarva badha prashmanan trailokya syakhileshwari, evamevmev tvayaa kaaryam sma dveri vinaashnam
Sarvaa baadha vinirumk to dhan dhaanya sutaan vitah. Manushyo mat prasaaden bhavishyati na sansha yah
Dehi saubhaagyam aarogyam dehi devi param sukham
Rupam dehi jayam dehi yasho dehi dvisho jahi
Jyanti mangalaa kaali bhadra kaali kapaalinee durgaa kshamaa shivaa dhaatree swaahaa svadhaa namo stutey
You who are perpetually endeavoring to protect the weak and the poor and remove their misery. Maa Narayani, I pray to you.
Oh Goddess Durga, please protect us from all kinds of fear. Oh omnipotent Durga, I pray to you.
When you are pleased, remove all ailments and when you are angry, destroy everything that a person desires for. However, those who come to you for sanctuary never have to confront any catastrophe. Instead, such people secure enough merit to provide shelter to others.
Whoever listens to the story of the Goddess during the great Puja that is organized in the winters succeeds in overcoming all obstacles and is blessed wealth and progeny.
Please bless me with good fortune, good health, good looks, success, and fame. Oh Vaishnavi, you are the very basis for the world. You have mesmerized the World. When you are pleased with someone you ensure his salvation from the cycle of life and death.
Oh Goddess, you who are known by the names of Mangala, Kali, Bhadra Kali, Kapalinee, Durge, Kshama, Shiva, Dhatri, Swahaa, Swadha, I pray to you.’
- This mantra connects us to our inner self.
- Helps to relax our mind and it also spreads peace everywhere.
- Makes the environment peaceful and increases positivity.
- Protects us from negative forces.
- Gives us the courage to fight our problems.
How to Chant Durga Mantras
- Wake in the morning and take a bath.
- Now sit in yog mudra position and chant these mantras 108 times.
- You should concentrate on mantras and pronounce each word correctly.
- You should focus on Goddess Durga instead of thinking about other stuff.